[TF-AIDN] IDNA2008 Update: Issue with additions in Arabic Script

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Sat Aug 2 09:43:45 CEST 2014

Dear All,

IDNA 2008 updates for Unicode 7.0.0 discusses issues around addition in
Arabic script tables and how IDNA2008 plans to handle (exclude) these
additions by making them DISALLOWED through exception list.  See
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70-00 sections
2 and 4 for detailed discussion.  This is an important issue to debate
within TF-AIDN and I would request to add this on our agenda in the next
call.  TF-AIDN should consider responding to this discussion.

Regards,
Sarmad