[TF-AIDN] Follow up on call on 1 Jul 14

Tarik Merghani tarik at isoc.sd
Tue Jul 15 17:47:24 CEST 2014

Dear All,

    Sorry to be late in sending this email ... but I just arrived from
Abuja ( Nigeria ) ..

Here are the standards created by the Islamic Educational, Scientific
and Cultural Organization ( ISESCO ) ... with collaboration with UNESCO
and with support from Bank Of Jaddah ( Saudi Arabia ) and Yousif
Al-Khalifa Center for African Languages ( In University of Africa ) ...
Those standards for Writing African languages in Arabic Script ... those
standards depends on some special characters ( for new sounds which is
not there in Arabic ) and Special

Uploaded ( folder 15 July ) you will find two different folders +
photocopy :

1) Wolof - Fulfulde - Yoruba - Mandink - Hausa - Susu :- It contains
Translations for Al-Akhdari-Book ( which is an Islamic Basic Book -
Writen by Abderahaman Al-Akhdari )
     Lanaguges ( Hausa - Yoruba - Fula ( Fulfulde ) - Mandink - Susu -
Wolof )
     you can find a file contains the charactor of each language ... but
you may need to add languages to your WinWord ( windows ) so as to
display those files

2) Quran Part 30 :- It contains Part 30 of Quran in each language and at
the end of the file you can see list of special characters used
    it is in PDF so all can use them ...

3) About Uncodes ( 08F4 - 08FD ) A photocopy of page 168 of book (ISESCO
Standard signs.jpg)( Writing African Languages using Arabic Characters -
writen by Prof Babikir Gadrmary )
    in this page he talk about seven vowel signs standard by ISESCO and
those will be standard to use in african languages
    three signs ( five unicode ... as two signs can be used above or
bellow the letter ) of these signs are 08F4 - 08F7 - 08F8 - 08F9 - 08FA
    So I think those signs are very important as they create a sound
which is not there in standard Arabic script ( character set )
    For example the word ( you ) In Swahili ( wewe ) is written in
Arabic script ( using ISESCO standard ) with double ( 0648 ) but with
    08F9 under each 0648 ... to produce the sound wewe ... and without
those signs the sound will be totally different and ( maybe ) different word
    Look at last page in Swahili.pdf in Swahili folder in Quran part 30

Tarik Merghani

about Code 076A :- ( IT has no color and it was not discussed )

It is used in Wolof Lnagauge ( African langauge - one of six Official
langauages used in Senegal and other places in Africa )
please see link ( http://www.omniglot.com/writing/wolof.htm )