[TF-AIDN] TF-AIDN F2F Meeting Days 4 and 5

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Thu Jun 12 08:01:11 CEST 2014

Friends and Colleagues,

My sincerest apologizes for not sending out my usual email on Wednesday; day
4, of the TF-AIDN meeting in Istanbul. My laptop; literally, decided to take
a break for the whole day due to some firmware update.

Day 5 of the TF-AIDN F2F meeting will start shortly. We are at the Ramada
Plaza Istanbul Hall ClubAB on the B1 floor.

We have an Adobe Connect room at https://icann.adobeconnect.com/meswg/.
Please login as Guest and write your full name because I will have to accept
your access to the room.

For those joining in remotely for voice, please use the attached sheet for a
list of toll-free numbers. Worst case scenario is that your country does not
have a number, and so login to Skype and dial-in any of the toll-free
numbers shown. The conference passcode 832 645 3695; the same dial-in
details as for yesterday. The call bridge will open at 6 AM UTC.

If you are presenting, please upload your presentation to DropBox, and send
me a copy to show on Adobe Connect. Please ensure that your presentation is
sent beforehand and in PDF format; if possible.

Days 4 and 5 are dedicated to Universal Acceptance of Arabic Script IDNs,
and our agenda for these two days looks as follows:

Wednesday June 11, 2014 (Universal Acceptance Day I)

8.30 - 10.30

Overview of Universal Acceptance: Definition and Categorization;

Scope and Objectives of TF-AIDN Work on UA

10.30 - 10.50

Coffee Break

10.50 - 12.50

Brainstorming Issues in Browsers and Applications; and their mitigation

Abdulrahman AlGhadir

12.50 - 13.40

Lunch Break

13.40 - 15.40

Brainstorming Email Address Internationalization challenges and mitigation;

EAI by .sa

Adel Marzouq

Abdulrahman AlGhadir

15.40 - 16.00

Coffee Break

16.00 - 18.00

Brainstorming user relevant issues - Social Networks, Online Websites,
e-Commerce, Mobile OS and Apps

Behnam Esfahbod

Thursday June 12, 2014 (Universal Acceptance Day II)

8.30 - 10.30

Brainstorming other issues - Network support, Security, Virus, Spam Filters,
Certificates, etc.; Mitigation

Alireza Saleh

10.30 - 10.50

Coffee Break

10.50 - 12.50

Universal Acceptance and Arabic variants

Sarmad Hussain

12.50 - 13.40

Lunch Break

13.40 - 15.40

Reaching out to other stakeholders - Building partnerships - Role of ICANN

Edward Lewis

Fahd Batayneh

15.40 - 16.00

Coffee Break

16.00 - 18.00

Way Forward: Document issues; Baseline study (?); Other measures

Write up discussions and further actions

During day 4 , we did not stick to the exact flow of the agenda as some
speakers could not make it, and so for today we will cover items highlighted
in yellow in the table above.

As always, feel free to email me anytime, or add me to your Skype account at
fahd.batayneh.icann.

Thank you,

Fahd Batayneh

ICANN