[TF-AIDN] F2F meeting

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Sat Oct 1 11:33:31 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

For those who were in Istanbul, hope you have had comfortable travel back and thank you for taking the time to come and attend the meeting and contribute to the discussions.  We have made good progress on both fronts:

1.       Developing principles and guidelines for second level LGRs and their integration into script level LGR

2.       Designing and developing test cases for Arabic script for Universal Acceptance considerations

As next steps, we have decided to develop the individual language tables (with an initial set to be finalized by the end of this year) and do an initial integration exercise in February/March, after releasing the individual language tables for public comment in January.

All are also reminded to present the work by TF-AIDN on local and international workshops and conferences to let the larger community know about the work being undertaken by the group.

Thanks also to local hosts, especially Milena, for their excellent support.

Regards,
Sarmad